What I have been demonstrating in classrooms that want to track fluency...
1. Title the note "Fluency" and the date recording.
2. Take a picture of a story to practice reading fluently. Some classrooms are using fluency probes.
3. Touch just after the photograph to get the bouncing cursor and click return twice to allow space between the photo and the recording.
4. Click on the microphone and record reading fluently.
5. Play the recording by touching it.
6. Return the cursor below the recording.
7. Reflect on the fluency. Ex: What did they do well? What do they need to work on?
8. Work on their goal and record again in a few days or within a weeks time. If going for speed, students can stop after a minute of recording, take a word count, and then set a goal for their next recording.
Using Evernote for Fluency from Nicole Gleason on Vimeo.