Monday, November 18, 2013

Educreations in Kindergarten!


In the past I have mostly worked with grades 2-5. I was extremely excited when I learned that this year I would be able to open up my services to K/1 teachers and students. I was looking forward to seeing how younger students would tackle creation apps. Wow, was I blown away with kindergarten & first grade classes as to how quickly the students pick up, navigate, and create with Educreations. I think that Educreations is one of the most versatile tools for any grade and subject matter. Plus it is simple enough of a tool to use without tutorials. Students can demonstrate their understanding of any concept, explain their thinking, and share their knowledge. Best of all students love using Educreations. They are so excited to hear their own voice and especially thrilled when their work is projected for the whole class to view. I have embedded some examples from one of my kindergarten classes. I am so amazed with their work!

Tips for working with younger students… 1. Have the students work on the app immediately after a quick intro, then when it is time to save the teacher can log into the account. 2. Stay logged into Educreations on iPads that stay in your classroom. 3. Make the password simple when you create your account if you want your students to eventually sign in on their own. 4. Use one teacher account for all of the iPads in your classroom.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment