It is that time of year again to organize your classroom so that it can be cleaned over the summer. Cleaning staff does not clean your school supplies and tools and the same applies to the technology in your classroom. I have compiled a check list of things that you will want to do so that your iPads will survive the summer of non-use and how you and/or your students may want to go about cleaning your technology devices.
1. Charge your iPads to between 50% and 70% and then unplug them from the chargers. You will need to give your iPads a complete charge when you return in August. This will insure that your iPads batteries will not be damaged.
2. Shut down your iPads.
3. If you would like to clean the iPads, use a microfiber cloth for the screen and soap & water on the cases or Clorox Disinfectant Wipes for the cases.
4. Place all iPads in your storage cabinet.
5. Make sure your projector is turned off and not just in sleep mode.
6. Put your document camera (Elmo) somewhere safe where it will not get knocked around or damaged.
7. Unplug your sound system and store the box along with all of the wires somewhere safe so that they do not get lost in the shuffle.
Here is a link to an article from Apple about Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan on an iPad.
If you have any questions, please email me.